Setting up Wi-Fi in the house may seem to be fun and comfort. But it can have side effects too, specially on children. Have you ever encountered with a situation where the youngsters of the house are glued to the Internet and are late for dinner or bed? Well, to help you in such situations, Google Wi-Fi has a special feature for you.
If you are using Google Wi-Fi, then you can pause your Internet for a certain amount of time. Yes!!! You heard it right. With this feature, users are allowed to pause the Internet access to a certain device. Not only this, the feature also allows creating a group of devices and pausing the Internet for them all at once. Isn’t it cool? Here is how you can do this:
- Open the Google Wi-Fi on your smartphone. Click on the ‘gear and the three circle’ icon. This icon represents the Settings menu of the app.
- Tap on the Family Wi-Fi option. Once you have entered the panel, click on the Setup option present on the bottom of the screen.
- Here you can have two options. You can either click next to create a group of devices so that you can pause the Internet for them all at once. Or you can click skip and avoid this process.
- Once you have hit the skip, you will be taken to the next screen where you will see a list of devices that are connected to the Wi-Fi.
- To pause the Internet for a certain device, click on the pause icon to right of each device.
- You also get an option to end the pause period. You can enter the end time by simply clicking the Add End Time option.
So friends, now that you known about this feature, your kids will be able to do their things at the right time.